Attention Fairtrade students! Are you an activist? An aspiring writer? Looking to get back into the swing of things as classes start up? If so, we have the perfect contest for you!
To celebrate back-to-school, Fairtrade America is hosting an essay contest for high school and university students. You can write about any of these topics:
- Why does fairness matter to you? What influences you to make “fair” choices?
- Pick your favorite Fairtrade product. How does enjoying it make you a fairer person? Why do you care so much about this product? (Here are some ideas to get you started!)
- How does buying Fairtrade help both farmers and consumers?
We also have some great prizes!
- Winning essays will be published on the Fairtrade America blog
- Each winner will receive a Fairtrade prize basket
- Each winner will receive an autographed copy of Brewing Change by Rick Peyser
- First Prize high school and university winner will each win a Fairtrade party for 25 hosted at their school during the fall 2016 semester
- Grand Prize (overall winner): A personal interview with Rick and opportunity to publish an article based on the interview on the Fairtrade America blog
We’re in this together
Fairtrade America partners with brands on the journey to certification and beyond. We can help with everything from finding a certified supply chain to marketing your newly certified product.Get in Touch