As the holidays approach, we know you’re likely still searching for that perfect gift! Consider how you might double the joy this season by purchasing gifts that are sustainable, ethical, and fair?
Whether you’re shopping for something classic, practical or luxe check out our gift ideas for people who already seem to have everything! With the help of these incredible Fairtrade producers and partners, we’ve put together the ultimate gift guide that make the perfect stocking fillers!
Spread the love and use the hashtag #FairtradeHolidays to share your ethical holiday purchases and ideas!
Did someone say chocolate?
Here’s a selection of fine Fairtrade chocolates perfect for the holidays. All are certified to Fairtrade’s rigorous social, economic and environmental standards ensuring better conditions for small-scale farmers around the world!
- Savor the flavor and deck your tree with this dual-purpose mulled wine milk chocolate bar from Tony’s Chocolonely. Break out the chocolate ornament for your tree and devour the rest.
- Impress your friends by showing up with Obama’s favorite gray salted caramels from Fran’s Chocolates, a world-renowned family-owned confectioner.
- Make you favorite vegan friend happy with this Vegan Holiday Pack from Divine Chocolate.
- Won’t someone think of the children? Bring a fun Fairtrade chocolate figurine, like this Santa, from EMVI Chocolate.
- Protect endangered species and enjoy these fine holiday flavors from Endangered Species Chocolate, including Dark Chocolate with Caramel & Spiced Apple, Dark Chocolate with Cranberries, Orange & Cinnamon, or Dark Chocolate with Peppermint Crunch.
A toast to the holidays!
Did you know that Fairtrade also certifies wine and spirits? If you’re of age and interested in raising a fair glass, check out some of these items. They also make perfect gifts for holiday party hosts.
- FAIR Drinks is the world’s first Fairtrade certified spirits brand. Their quinoa vodka (yes, quinoa), rum and assortment of liqueurs are sure to make the season merry.
- Shopping at your local food cooperative? Keep an eye out for La Riojana wines. Their delicious Argentinean white and red wines are sure to pair well with whatever you’re putting on the table.
- Look for the Fairtrade certified Stone Dance wines on the New Dawn website. These delectable South African wines can be shipped to 36 states and Washington DC.
For the early morning risers, and late risers too!
It’s true, everyone has a coffee lover in their life, right? But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered for tea lovers too! Perhaps you might consider pitching becoming a Fairtrade workspace? By offering Fairtrade products in your workplace you can have a profound impact on the lives of farmers and workers around the world. Here’s your starter kit:
- There are so many great Fairtrade coffees on offer at Thanksgiving Coffee, but this award-winning Yirgacheffe from the Worka Co-op is sure to please that discerning coffee fiend in the family.
- Organic, Fairtrade and Kosher? Ethical Bean Coffee’s Classic Medium Roast is a coffee insider’s favorite and the ‘little black dress’ of their lineup. Shop online or find it on Amazon!
- In the rush of the holidays, Organic India’s Tulsi Peppermint and Original Teas offer the perfect solution to winding down.
Make a statement with Fairtrade fashion and jewelry!
Where do your clothes come from? No, not the name brand, but the workers who sewed together each thread. If you’ve ever wondered where your clothing actually comes from you can rest assured these ethical fashion brands are stepping up their game, even for babies!
- Dhana, Inc. has Fairtrade certified cotton clothing for babies and kids; perfect for expecting parents and toddlers patiently awaiting Santa’s arrival.
- Does 25% off and free shipping sound good?! Kick-off 2019 with a Fairtrade, organic sweat and stock up on sustainable gym wear for family and friends with Soul Space!
- Get festive and embrace the Holiday season with some crazy-fun Christmas socks! Keep your toes warm this cold winter with Conscious Step’s gift collection!
- Treat your special someone to a little glimmer this holiday season with a thoughtfully chosen gift that is ethical, Fairtrade and conflict-free with Reflective Jewelry!
We get it! Buying ethically sourced products isn’t always easy. But it’s all the more reason to do your homework! Look for companies, brands, and products that align with your values! Find the story behind what you’re buying and share your findings with family and friends!
Share your favorite ethical holiday goodies and use the hashtag #FairtradeHolidays
We’re in this together
Fairtrade America partners with brands on the journey to certification and beyond. We can help with everything from finding a certified supply chain to marketing your newly certified product.Get in Touch