Try this DIY silky blend of Navitas Cacao Butter, which melts right into your skin leaving a barrier to protect the most moisture-deprived skin. This DIY blend is smooth and supple, ideal for daily use for those cold winter months.
- 8 oz. Navitas Cacao Butter
- 7 oz. Organic Raw Shea Butter
- 7 oz. Organic Unrefined Coconut Butter
- 1 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 1tbsp Organic Rose Hip Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp of Almond Oil
- 3 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- **Optional 1 Drop of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Add the cacao, shea and coconut butter into a heat safe container. Melt using a double boiler until the butters take a liquid form.
- Once the mixture is melted, add the jojoba, rose hip, almond and peppermint oils and mix in completely. Set in refrigerator to cool 1 hour until slightly soft (not solid).
- Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to whip the butter until it’s completely smooth.
- Continue whipping for up to 10 minutes until you reach a fluffy consistency. Use a spatula to clean the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Place the butter into jars or containers of your choosing and enjoy! Store this product in a cool place, or it may melt and lose some of the fluffy consistency.
- The butters, especially the cacao, are too hard to use in its solid state and must be melted before being added to a recipe to integrate it.
- Don’t microwave contents because we want to maintain the quality and integrity of our ingredients and get all the benefits from its natural properties.
- Don’t use a blender to mix contents as you won’t be able to reach the same fluffy consistency.
- Beat the bottom on the jar to release some of the trapped air in your container to fit more and fill out the space more effectively.
- Cacao butter will slowly re-solidify at room temperature and can be more rapidly hardened in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Adjust measurements and alternate oils to fit your specific skin needs.
Ready to get started? You can get 25% off on NavitasOrganics.com using code FAIRTRADE. Offer ends December 31, 2019.
We’re in this together
Fairtrade America partners with brands on the journey to certification and beyond. We can help with everything from finding a certified supply chain to marketing your newly certified product.Get in Touch