Post to social to enter
Help shoppers find Fairtrade products in your co-op, and your store could win a $250 Visa gift card. Read the contest rules and check out the timeline below.
- Post a photo or video of a Fairtrade product in the aisle of your store where it can be found by Thursday 11:59PM PT of the week (check the timeline for details below).
- Tag @FairtradeMarkUS.
- Each of your posts to Facebook or Instagram including our tag and the label clearly shown counts as an entry.
- Fairtrade Mark must be visible on the product. Any one of the Fairtrade Marks below count!
- One entry will be randomly chosen each week to win a $250 Visa gift card.
- You can enter for a chance to win as many times as you like. You could enter 67 times in a day, if you want… but only if you want.
- Winners will be announced in the following week’s category announcement.
- Please see additional terms & conditions.
Include any of these Fairtrade Marks in your photo or video
These are not the only labels that distinguish a fair trade product, but they do identify Fairtrade Marks – the gold standard of ethical labels. Want to know more about the difference? Read about it here.
46% increase in Fairtrade awareness among US since 2019.
37,000+ products carry the Fairtrade Mark
80% of Fairtrade shoppers would look more favorably on a brand that carries the Fairtrade Mark.
Monday, October 3, 2022 Category: Cocoa!
The first category in the Fair Trade Month retailer contest is cocoa! Post a photo or video on Instagram or Facebook of any cocoa or chocolate product in your store that has the Fairtrade label on it. Tag us @FairtradeMarkUS, and you will be entered for a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card. Be sure it shows the Fairtrade label and where shoppers can find it in your shop.
Did you know that 90% of the world’s cocoa beans are harvested on small, family-run farms with less than five acres of land and an average yield of just 1300-1760 lbs per year?
Entries must be submitted by Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 11:59PM PT.
Monday, October 10, 2022 Category
Fair Trade Month week 2 category pending. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 11:59PM PT. Will it be Wine? Cotton? It probably won’t be chocolate, because that was week one’s category. Or will it?
Monday, October 17, 2022 Category
Fair Trade Month week 2 category pending. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 11:59PM PT. The anticipation is unbearable.
Monday, October 24, 2022 Category
Fair Trade Month week 4 category pending. Entries must be submitted by Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 11:59PM PT. We cannot wait to tell you the category.
Choose Fairtrade. Choose the world you want. campaign
Looking for more ways to celebrate Fair Trade Month? We are working with three NCG members and three local artists to connect farmers with consumers. Read the stories of Agnes Senesie, Deborah Osei-Mensah, and Ranjana Maury.