This nourishing marbled banana bread is not only delicious – it's also gluten free, low sugar and filled with a number of sustainably sourced ingredients!
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 scoops Navitas Organics Cacao & Greens Essential Blend
- 1/2 cup Navitas Organics Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (we love Nielsen-Massey!)
- 3 Bananas, mashed + 1/2 Banana for topping
- Optional: Honey, for topping
Cacao Marbled Swirl
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Navitas Organics Fairtrade Certified Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a bread loaf pan generously with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, take three peeled, ripe bananas and mash well.
In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, Essential Blend, baking soda and sea salt.
Next, add the eggs, Coconut Palm Sugar, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas. Mix well until evenly combined.
Once your wet mixture is combined, add the dry mixture slowly, stirring on low until the wet and dry ingredients are well combined.
Pour the batter evenly into your loaf pan.
Next, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the cacao marbled swirl. Taking a spoon, swirl the cacao swirl mixture into the banana bread batter. Be careful not to stir it in too much so you can see the swirl.
Optional: Slice a banana lengthwise and place on top of the banana bread mixture.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top begins to brown and the bread is evenly cooked through.
Optional: top with a drizzle of honey.
Makes 1 loaf
This recipe is from Navitas Organics and was originally submitted by Megan Faletra of The Well Essentials