Posted April 2019
Join our team in Washington, DC and help make Fairtrade raise awareness through educational breakfast events
Fairtrade is a global movement for change in the United States. Fairtrade America works directly with companies, consumers and campaigners to secure a better deal for farmers and workers who grow products we love like coffee, cocoa and bananas. We believe change comes from building meaningful partnerships from the farm to the business to you. By working together, we can do more for communities around the world.
To better engage with the Washington DC community, we are seeing a dedicated and reliable individual able to support Fairtrade America at breakfast events ranging from Late-April through June 2019 on an unpaid volunteer basis. This individual would support Fairtrade staff at events on a weekly basis while they engage with workplace staff in the DMV area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide event support for the Marketing & External Relations and Business Development Teams at Fairtrade
- Support on event logistics surrounding breakfast events
- Speak on Fairtrade International’s issues and mission on a basic level to event attendees
- Assist with promotional activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- An excellent organizer
- Flexible, creative team player
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure
- Knowledge of Fairtrade and development issues desired
- A vehicle is preferable (you will be compensated for your fuel)
The Events Volunteer will serve on a unpaid part-time basis of 4-10 hours per week from Mid-April -June 2019 primarily on Mondays with the possibility of expanding to 2 days/week for event preparation.
How to Apply:
To apply send your resume and cover letter to Events & Campaigns Manager Jason Sanches (email@example.com). Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.