Posted December 2018
Join our team in Washington, DC. Communicate online with shoppers and businesses to make trade fair.
Fairtrade America works to spread the word about ethical sourcing to shoppers, brands and retailers across the USA. To better communicate online, we are seeking a talented and committed digital professional who will be responsible for creating and implementing Fairtrade America's digital presence, including oversight of the website, social media and most of our online written content.
The ideal candidate will be a great juggler of work - able to easily switch between posting on social media, updating our website, planning our next steps in digital and advertising online. They will also be passionate for the mission, highly motivated, organized, a great communicator, quick learner, and a self-starter. Great writing skills are a must to help tell the Fairtrade story.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package including 401K matched contributions, 15 days of paid vacation, 6 personal days, all federal holidays, parental leave, health and fitness credits, work from home ability and more.
To apply send salary expectations, resume, cover letter and two samples to show your versatility as an impactful writer to Mary Linnell-Simmons on email@example.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
- Plan for and oversee all aspects of Fairtrade America’s digital strategy, including websites, social media, & e-newsletters
- Collaborate with colleagues on digital initiatives and campaigns
- Planning, management, monitoring & maintenance of our website including any campaign sites
- Managing the day-to-day posting and advertising on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin – using Falcon.io
- Managing the day-to-day of social media advertising and Google AdWords
- Increasing traffic to and SEO of our main website
- Writing new content, including enewsletters, social posts and blogs, in the Fairtrade voice
- Development and execution of Fairtrade America digital editorial calendar
- Design and development of a new website and/or site upgrade in concert with an agency and other partners
- Ensuring that Fairtrade America’s marketing, messaging, and branding efforts are consistent with the international Fairtrade guidelines
- Designing graphics, films, etc. as required
- Managing external agencies and consultants as required
- Other tasks as required. Evening and/or weekend work may be required during certain cycles of the Fairtrade America calendar.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years' relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing social media strategy that builds an engaged and expanding audience
- Demonstrated experience increasing overall traffic to and SEO of a website
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Sitecore CMS proficiency
- Google Analytics and AdWords proficiency
- Ability to multi-task is a must
- Falcon.io proficiency desired
- Knowledge of design software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) desired
- Flexible, creative team player willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done
- Knowledge and commitment to Fairtrade and development issues desired